Thursday 9 August 2012

Mercedes Benz MGP W01 - 1/24 Revell (2)


I started off painting the base and the rear wing first, since the black is easy to control, and the rear wing is mainly deco, it also serves as a great part to test the silver paint

 Then off to the body, I did the back first, then cover it up for the silver..
 It took a few tries to get the right silver I wanted, basically it's Mr Color's Silver mixed with a few drops of shine red and cobalt blue
 There's actually silver stripes on the body of this Benz, quite hard to notice that while it's on TV. After the silver coat I added the strips, then seal it with a clear coat for the next layer of decals
...and now for the sponsor's decals....
 
 ...and the steering wheel..
 
 Finally all the pieces are ready, next comes the final part: assembly..
 ...and ones everything's in place, I add the antennas. I leave this to the last coz I know I will just break them when I'm putting the car together. I use a 1mm brass rod for the silver ones, and stretched some heated plastic rods to make the other 2 antennas.

No comments:

Post a Comment