Friday 10 August 2012

Mercedes Benz MGP W01 - 1/24 Revell (Complete)

I've always find the final assembling of a model to be the most challenging.........
what fits before may not fit now, and there's no turing back (unless you don't mind painting the whole part again....and with decals fitted, it might be a better idea to get a new kit and start all over again)

Thankfully the parts fit ok, with a bit of scratch off the paint, luckily they're on the black areas so it's an easy fix. I have to trim the side-wings a bit more to make both sides parellel. Guess I have to improve on my pre-assembly job next time.

Making it gloss surface seems to be the right choice, though someone at the hkml forum said it should be flat.......I'm not quite sure....





The nightmare cockpit, sanding away the seatbelt and smoothing the surface is really a hard job, but it pays off, and the seatbelt looks ok, which is in fact made from paper cardboard~

No comments:

Post a Comment