Monday 3 December 2012

BMW Z4 GT3 Miku Hatsune - 1/24 Fujimi (4)

Working on the inside....
The interior of the kit is pretty basic, Fujimi kept it simple. Quite understandable as once the cover is on most of the interior will be covered (at least I thought). So apart from the seat and seat belt, the rest are just straight built.

The inside: first white, then mask it and spray the black on

The dashboard, the tank and fuel pipe

I covered the pipe in tin foil, saw it from other websites. The tank is a bit of a disaster, for those who have built the kit, you may notice the label on the tank is different....you're correct...I screwed the decal, the one used is a Wave replacement, looks close enough...

Now putting everything together, the seat belt was kind of an experiment. At first I bought a seatbelt PE set from Crazy Modeler, the buckles look good, but the belt they provided is paper.......to make matters worse, the paint won't stick on, so........a replacement is used....Electric tape! It worked surprisingly well! It's a tape so sticking the PE part on is easy. The color is just what I need so I don't even bother coloring, did put on a flat coat though after applying the belt decal





I also managed to work on the brake discs. PE parts, no trouble there.

Next time: The exhaust!

No comments:

Post a Comment